The School aims at helping students acquire the skills and knowledge that will allow them to achieve the intended outcomes by the end of the program.
School of Science Educational Goals
Endeavor to develop science competency
Educate our students to be scientifically competent with the potential to engage in activities demanding scientific thinking, analysis and task execution. Nurture our students to become scientists generating cutting edge knowledge for the betterment of mankind.
Commitment to society
Educate our students to be scientifically competent in their future professions, including research and development, education, manufacturing, logistics, business and finance and to raise the overall scientific literacy of the general public.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Science Students
Upon graduation, students should be able to:
- Explain knowledge, principles and use of tools in science and other chosen disciplines at college level. (Knowledge)
- Evaluate information critically and make independent judgments by applying principles and methods in science and other chosen disciplines. (Judgment)
- Apply quantitative reasoning methods, experimental and IT skills, in conjunction with scientific principles, to execute tasks and solve problems at work and in daily life. (Execution)
- Work independently and collaborate effectively in a team. (Interpersonal Skill and Leadership)
- Use oral and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua) to achieve communication purposes appropriate to the context, be it professional or social. (Communication)
- Self-evaluate and develop strategies to continuously enrich themselves for their whole-person wellness. (Self-reflection)
- Recognize the importance of complying with ethics of science and citizenship towards the environment and the community. (Ethical Practice)
- Show appreciation of science and its interface with human activities and arouse audience’s interest in the beauty, logic and precision of science. (Appreciation)
- Use a global perspective in conjunction with knowledge of science to view issues in the specialized areas and other societal issues. (International Outlook)