To assist science students in pursuing their goals and developing plans to achieve them, the Office of Academic Advising and Support (OAAS) was established in the School to provide them with general orientation to the university, initial advice on course selection and consultation on the choice of major. The Office consists of a Director who is also a faculty member, Student Advising Officers and departmental Faculty Advisers. Together with Peer Mentors, the team collectively provides guidance to students on academic-related issues.
In particular, we will assist students by
- Providing accurate and relevant information about academic programs and other educational experiences available to them.
- Providing one-to-one advisement on the choice of major and possible double major / major-minor combinations to suit their interests, abilities and goals.
- Helping them interpret university regulations, graduation requirements and institutional policies and procedures.
- Enhancing their awareness of available educational resources on campus (such as internship, mentorship, undergraduate research and exchange programs).
- Encouraging the use of institutional and community services in support of academic success.
Science for Success is a platform offering a wide range of enrichment programs exclusively for Science students to exploit their potentials and enhance their personal development.
The goal is "Whole-Person Development" of our students, which is achieved by providing them with interesting and challenging opportunities in Hong Kong and abroad alongside their academic studies. These opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Student Exchange Programs
- Local and Overseas Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Career Services
- Mentoring Programs
- Social Services and Cultural Expedition
To know more about the activities, please visit the website of Science For Success.