Starting from 2020 intake onwards, School of Science has divided the Science Program (JS5100) into two new program choices – Science (Group A) program (JS5102) and Science (Group B) program (JS5103). The two Science programs are designed to cater the academic needs and aspirations of students. Science (Group A) program is tailor-made for those students who are interested in the fields of Physical Science. Science (Group B) program is more suitable for those students who are interested in the fields of Chemistry and Life Science.
IRE is a pioneer study track tailor-made for students with particular interest in pursuing a research career in Science or broadening their exposure to research during their undergraduate studies. It offers students an early opportunity to nurture their research abilities in addition to discipline-specific knowledge in regular Science programs.
The IRE program has similar curriculum structure as the Science (Group A) and Science (Group B) programs. But students admitted to the IRE program can enjoy FREE choice among six major programs offered by the School: Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Ocean Science and Technology, and Physics.
It further distinguishes itself from regular Science programs by providing students with:
- Participation in advanced research projects under the supervision of world-class professors
- Opportunities to meet with Nobel Laureates and renowned scientists
- Individualized Research Guidance and Mentoring from experienced faculty members
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Exchange opportunity in renowned foreign universities / research institutes
- Summer research internship opportunity in foreign universities and institutions
- Scholarship support for overseas learning trips